- For any blog to succeed, the home page must build credibility and should direct the audience to the most important sections of the site.
- Your most important and competitive keywords must be targeted at the home page or at a page that is directly linked to from the home page.
- Major theme pages must be easily navigable from the home page. Or have a menu bar with all categories and pages mentioned.
- It helps to make every page of your site links to your homepage. Include your site name and/or the home page’s primary keyword in the backlinks pointing to it.
- If you think your site is being filtered out of the search results, try to add alternate keywords and phrases and repeat the above steps.